UAASC invites you to get involved in our Student Chapter activities! Check out our upcoming events on the calendar below:
Examples of Past Events and Speakers
- Alberta Prairie Railway Excursion in Stettler, Alberta.
- UofA AREMA Chapter Summer Picnic and Volleyball Nights
- Introduction to Practical Railway Engineering Course held in Calgary, Alberta.
- Geotechnical Engineering in Railroading. Speaker: Mario Ruel, Senior Geotechnical Engineer at CN
- Introduction to Rail Traffic Control. Speaker: Sean Robitaille of CN Network Planning
- Railway Track Structure Design and Principles. Speaker: Miodrag Budisa, Senior Design Consultant for the Rail Group at Stantec
- Viewing of Rocky Mountain Express, an IMAX film documenting the journey of building Canada's first transcontinental railway and showcasing beautiful scenery across Western Canada.
- Technical Writing Seminar. Speaker: Vivian Giang, Communications & Grant Strategist at the University of Alberta Geotechnical Centre
- Careers for Engineers on the Railroad. Speaker: Jim McLeod, Chief Engineer of Design and Construction at Canadian National Railway
- AREMA Booths at University of Alberta's Week of Welcome and Engineering Expo
|UAASC members observing C-Train operations in Calgary, AB.|
|UAASC members with railway industry professionals at a seminar in Calgary, AB.|
|UAASC members at the Telus World of Science after viewing Rocky Mountain Express (an IMAX film).|
|Guest speaker Jim McLeod, Chief Engineer of Design and Construction at Canadian National Railway.|
|Jim McLeod speaks to students on careers for engineers on the railroad.|